The dog rescue group Marley’s Mutts was awarded more than $9,000 in donations as part of the annual Give Big Kern community fundraiser that was held Tuesday.
More than 1,400 people donated more than $145,000 for the one-day event.
The Gay and Lesbian Center of Bakersfield was second in the value of donations with more than $8,000 raised, while the Habitat for Humanity Golden Empire had the most people donating to that cause with 125 donations.
Here’s a breakdown of the financial awards:
- Marley’s Mutts $9.470
- Gay and Lesbian Center of Bakersfield $8,950
- Habitat for Humanity Golden Empire $6,764.94
- Bakersfield ARC $6,450
- Community Action Partnership of Kern $5,749
- WarmLine $4,455
- Baby Cafe Bakersfield $3,750
- Autism Society-Kern Autism Network $3,560
- Ridgecrest Chamber Music Society $3,178
- CASA of Kern County $3,140
The Give Big Kern event is organized by the Kern Community Foundation and featured several major community sponsors including the Patricia C. Brown Foundation.